FAQs for current students
- Q1: Do I have to renew my MAP-i registration every year?
- Answer: Yes. At the end of the 1st year and by successfully completing the curricular year, you need to register the theme of your thesis in the University of your main advisor and then renew your registration by registering in Thesis. All other renewals are simpler, just answer to the contact by the post-graduation office. After 3 registrations in thesis, if you have not completed, then you need to ask for an extension.
- Q2: When do I have to decide/choose a PhD topic and advisor(s)?
- Answer: Before the end of the first semester, the scientific committee invites all professors from the MAP institutions to make PhD proposals. These proposals are made available to all students and they have about 1 to 2 months to talk to the authors of the proposals and to decide to which topic they want to commit for their PhD proposal. The student and the advisor have to submit a letter each stating they accept being supervised (supervising) for the chosen topic. The decision is to be taken before the second semester, that is, normally by February or March.
- Q3: When do I have to submit and defend my thesis proposal?
- Answer: You will be notified of the exact deadline for submitting your thesis proposal, but normally it is end of July in order to defend in the MAP-i Doctoral Symposium that takes place between end of the second week or beginning of third week of September.